Note: the product must be in new condition, in the original packaging.
Fluke 279 FC multimeter with thermal imaging
This TRMS Thermal Multimeter helps you find, repair, validate, and report many electrical issues quickly so that you are confident problems are solved.
Locate the problem immediately
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots on high-voltage equipment and transformers, and detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches. Scanning with the 279 FC's thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, the thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
Compatible with iFlex® (a flexible current clamp) to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A AC). The large full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings. The 10 hour+ rechargeable battery keeps you going all day long under normal conditions.
Communicate your results
With built-in Fluke Connect®, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
** THIS PRODUCT COMES WITH A FREE GIFT - an Extech DV23 voltage detector pen, valued at $29 **
- True RMS
- AC and DC Voltage Resolution/Range 0.1mV on 600.0mV range,0.001V on 6.000V range, 0.01V on 60.00V range, 0.1V on 600.0V range, 1V on 1000V range.
- Current measurements with iFlex i2500 accessories.
- AC Current Resolution/Range 0.1A up to 999A, 1A on 2500A range.
- Count 6,000 (Frequency 10,000 Counts, Capacitance 1,000 Counts)
- CAT IV 600V, CAT III 1000V.
- DC Voltage Basic Accuracy 600.0mV to +600.0V ranges ±(0.09% reading + 2 digits), 1000V range ±(0.15% reading + 2 digits)
- AC Voltage Basic Accuracy ±(1.0% reading + 3 digits). 45Hz-65Hz. See specifications in manual for specific accuracies.
- Infrared Temperature -10 to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Warranty 3 year warranty.
* Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager
* 15 measurement functions including: voltage ac and dc, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diode test, Min/Max/Avg, current ac with included iFlex current probe, frequency
* Low-pass filter for troubleshooting adjustable speed drives
* Thermal imaging reveals hots spots that may indicate electrical issues quickly and safely
* Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity – no need to go back to the truck or office to retrieve a shared camera – so you can do more in less time!
* iFlex expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A ac)
* Save measurements and images while communicating wirelessly with a smart phone up to 20 feet / 6.1 m away (no obstructions)
* 102x77 image resolution offers immediate visual cues of hot, potentially troublesome areas
* 3.5 in /8.89 cm color LCD screen
* Rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10+ hours) under normal conditions; a second battery option means you will always have a battery ready to install.
* Assembled in the USA
* Three year standard warranty
* Auto power off to save battery power
* CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
* Designed for durability, built to withstand a 1 m (3 ft) drop, double insulated with raised rubber holster for increased protection
* Soft Carrying Case
* Hanging strap
* 45.72 cm (18 in) iFlex Flexible Current Probe
* TL175 Test Leads (1 pair)
* Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
|Basic dc accuracy||0.09%|
|Bandwidth||1% 45 Hz to 65 Hz, full time low pass filter|
|Voltage||ac/dc 1000 V|
|Current ac||2500 A with included iFlex Flexible Current Probe|
|Continuity with beeper||Yes|
|Infrared resolution||102 x 77|
|Image capture frequency||8 Hz|
|Field of View||36° (w) x 27° (h)|
|Infrared spectral band||7.5 to 14 microns|
|Center point||Yes (with center point temp)|
|Focus mechanism||Fixed focus|
|Temperature Range (selectable °C and °F)||-10 °C to 200 °C (14 °F to 392 °F) Accuracy: ±5 °C (9 °F) or (±5% as tested)|
|Background compensation||20 °C fixed|
|Memory storage||Approximately 100 images (internal)|
|File format||Non-radiometric .is2|
|Battery type||Rechargeable lithium ion battery (charge time: 4.5 hours)|
|Operating temperature||-10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-20 ºC to 60 ºC (-4 °F to 140 °F)|
|Relative humidity||0% to 90% (0 °C to 35 °C) (32 °F to 95 °F)
0% to 75% (35 °C to 40 °C) (95 °F to 104 °F)
0% to 45% (40 °C to 50 °C) (104 °F to 122 °F)
|Altitude||2,000 meters (6,561 feet)|
|Temperature coefficient||Add 0.1 x specified accuracy for each °C above 28 °C or below 18 °C (°F above 82 °F or below 64° F)|
|Ingress Protection||(IP) IP40 (non-operating)|
|Wireless frequency||2.4 GHz ISM Band, 20 meter range|
|Certifications||CE, CSA, FCC|
|Safety compliance||IEC 61010-1: Pollution degree 2; IEC 61010-2-033: CAT III 1000 V/CAT IV 600 V|
|Size||215.9 x 93.9 x 57.1 mm (8.5 x 3.7 x 2.25 in)|
|Weight||0.793 kg (1.75 lb)|
|Warranty||Limited three-year warranty|